Frequently asked questions
What sets Kinet-X apart from other tech camps?
Everybody's goal at Kinet-X is to help students reach their potential. We want our students to leave the program with more knowledge / experience than they had prior to joining. We teach an in-depth and comprehensive curriculum that combines engineering, computer science, and design to give students all the tech fundamentals they need in one course. Class sizes are extremely small, with a 1:5 mentor student ratio. This results in tailored attention to each of our students, and an incredibly unique program modeled after real-life accelerators, designed to train and inspire students to learn technology.
How much do your programs cost?
- Full tuition for our Robotics 2.0 Fall 2018 program is $1590.
- Full tuition for our Advanced Fall 2018 program is $1490.
- If your family has financial difficulties, we provide need-based scholarships. If you've been accepted, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you attend. 97% of our past students who wouldn't have been able to attend otherwise participated in Kinet-X due to scholarships.
- If you sign up for two programs, you'll receive a $200 discount. Refer another family and receive $300 off.
- Returning students receive 20% off for their next program.
What does tuition cover?
Tuition helps us provide you with materials, activities, laptops, snacks, a fantastic space, and talented mentors.
When is the application deadline?
Our final application deadline is September 23, but admissions are rolling. That means you can submit an application any time between now and September 23 and receive a decision asap. Applicants are highly advised to apply early!
Do I need any prior experience to attend?
We don't expect you to have any knowledge of robotics, engineering, or CS when you join. However, if you do have experience in any of those areas, our robotics course is extremely flexible and our mentors will be glad to customize the program for you.
When and where is Kinet-X taught?
Our program will be hosted at the Pine Street School. Class begins on October 7th and runs through December 16th on Sundays from 10am-3pm. No class on November 25th. Students are welcome to stay after for extra help or to just continue working on their projects. Our mentors generally leave at ~4pm.
Are there any age requirements?
We generally teach students from the ages 9-15. If you're outside this age range but still want to attend a Kinet-X program, no fear! Just drop us an email and we can talk.
Who will be teaching me at Kinet-X?
Our mentors are bright, talented people with a passion for helping younger students succeed. They themselves have vast experience in the education system, attending schools from Caltech to the University of Chicago.
What if I have more questions?
We'd love to answer them! Just contact us here